Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America’s heartland, that has provided quality service since our formation in 1904. At Southern Star our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development being at the forefront of our focus. We’re committed to building a culture where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts.
Southern Star is a family-friendly, forward thinking, customer oriented company that strives for innovation and collaboration in all parts of our business where you can slip on your jeans and work in an atmosphere that values trust, learning, teamwork, and having fun while getting the job done. We’re an established company that’s known as an employer of choice where we do business. We’re known for our safety, credibility and integrity where our word is still our bond. We’re in need of one more talented individual like yourself, that drives change and creates positive outcomes. We are confident that you will find the perfect match here to drive your goals.
In return for this level of talent and experience, Southern Star offers excellent medical benefits, competitive salary, 401k match, paid time off and tuition/fitness reimbursements.
This position is accountable, under regular supervision, for installation, monitoring, diagnosis, repair and preventive maintenance of electronic, pneumatic mechanical and hydraulic instrumentation. Individuals must perform non-destructive testing and analysis on rotating and auxiliary equipment and control systems in a designated area of a natural gas pipeline system.
Maintenance, Troubleshooting, & Prevention
· Read, interpret and recommend modifications to blueprints, schematics, control drawings, engine manuals and pipeline maps.
· Make recommendations to enhance safety, reliability and efficiency of operations.
Training & Collaboration
· Assist Operations personnel in performing technical and non-technical tasks.
· Assist engineering personnel with construction activities.
· Assist Operations Control in establishing safe efficient operations.
· Attend job related training when applicable