Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America’s heartland, providing quality service since 1904. At Southern Star, our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development at the forefront of our focus. We’re committed to building a culture for everyone to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts.
Southern Star is a family-friendly, forward-thinking, customer-oriented company striving for innovation and collaboration in all parts of our business. You can find your second family here in an atmosphere that values trust, learning, teamwork, and having fun while getting the job done. We’re an established company known as an employer of choice in our industry and recognized for safety, credibility and integrity. We need one more talented individual with goals to encourage excellence and create positive outcomes – you may be the perfect match.
In return for this level of talent and experience, Southern Star offers excellent medical benefits, competitive salary, 401k match, paid time off and reimbursements for tuition and fitness.
This position is accountable, under regular supervision, for installation, monitoring, diagnosis, repair and preventive maintenance of electronic, pneumatic mechanical and hydraulic instrumentation. Individuals must perform non-destructive testing and analysis on rotating and auxiliary equipment and control systems in a designated area of a natural gas pipeline system.
Maintenance, Troubleshooting, & Prevention
· Read, interpret and recommend modifications to blueprints, schematics, control drawings, engine manuals and pipeline maps.
· Make recommendations to enhance safety, reliability and efficiency of operations.
Training & Collaboration
· Assist Operations personnel in performing technical and non-technical tasks.
· Assist engineering personnel with construction activities.
· Assist Operations Control in establishing safe efficient operations.
· Attend job related training when applicable