- Assist in performing various testing (ultrasonic, vibration, emissions, etc.) and recording of data on rotating and prime mover equipment; electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic control devices; safety systems; piping; vessels and other associated equipment and systems
- Acquire the skills necessary to perform both routine and advanced analyses of tests under supervision and assist in the diagnoses and communicating the results to a supervisor
- Assist in the installation and maintenance on control devices, safety systems and other related electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment
- The technician will receive work related guidance from senior level Mechanical Technicians
- Become qualified on Common Covered Tasks (OQ) as deemed necessary by the Mechanical Services Management
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision
Maintenance, Troubleshooting, & Prevention
- Operate 2 and 4 Cycle engines
- Knowledge of pneumatic and electronic controls, Including Allen-Bradley PLC Control Systems, and all types of process transmitters and transducers
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting and data collection
- Knowledge of electrical systems up to 120/240 VAC and 24 V DC and ability to use multi-meter for troubleshooting
- Install, repair, service and maintain station valves and valve operators
- Knowledge of Emergency Shutdown Systems, including Fire and Gas detection systems as well as piping, valves and control signals
- Ensure the reliability and efficient performance of all engines and associated facilities
- Working and theoretical knowledge of the operations of compressor and auxiliary engines, motors, cooling equipment, pumps and related equipment
- Knowledge of operation of engines and compressors as well as associated compressor station controls
- Understand and comply with applicable Company policies and procedures, maintenance manuals, federal, state and local regulations, and safety policies and procedures.
- Schedule and track maintenance and calibration activities with maintenance management software.
- Identify and report safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete required documentation and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete required Common Covered Tasks as assigned
· Read, interpret and recommend modifications to blueprints, schematics, control drawings, engine manuals and pipeline maps.
· Make recommendations to enhance safety, reliability and efficiency of operations.
Training & Collaboration
· Assist Operations personnel in performing technical and non-technical tasks.
· Assist engineering personnel with construction activities.
· Assist Operations Control in establishing safe efficient operations.
· Attend job related training when applicable