This position is responsible for various assigned roles in meeting the Company’s internal and external reporting requirements in accordance with company policy. Roles would include, but are not limited to, the gathering of data, preparation of financials and narratives, distribution of reports, analyzing accounts and corresponding with internal and external professionals. Reporting requirements include, but are not limited to, the Company’s officers, equity investors, debt holders, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Handles a diverse range of complex assignments requiring the use of knowledge gained through an Accounting degree, experience, innovation and judgment. Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation. Exercises latitude for unviewed decisions. Functions in a capacity to advise the work of other personnel on assigned financial reporting related projects.
- This position is an entry level position training to become the point of contact for the department
- This position is responsible for providing administrative support for one or more person(s)
- Works under continuous supervision and review, performs basic tasks and projects of lesser complexity
- Relies on established guidelines and/or detailed direction
- Work & job training will familiarize employee with programs and practices of the Company & department
This entry level position reports to the Manager, Capital Strategy and provides support for Southern Star’s annual capital spending expectations. As a member of the Capital Strategy department, this employee will be tasked with developing and monitoring project governance ideals, using financial data to determine the success of projects, and act as a liaison to the Accounting and Finance departments. The Capital Strategy Analyst will be intricately involved in project management software, including data entry, user administration, metrics tracking, and troubleshooting.